EXPECT PHYSICAL DIFFICULTIES:
- You are going to be hungry
- You are likely to become frustrated - even angry - with the people around you because you’re hungry!
- When you make a drastic change to what you eat, your body will respond in different ways.
- You can expect it to be difficult but your body will adjust and you will make it through the 21 days.
EXPECT SPIRITUAL DIFFICULTIES:
- Expect in the first few days of your fast that Holy Spirit will point out things that you need to deal with in order to be completely connected to the Father.
- As a result, expect for God to confront you with the Truth that you can’t live in sin and seek Him with all your heart at the same time.
- Therefore, expect that there will be a time of repentance and dealing with sin that must be removed in order to connect with God during the fast.
EXPECT THE ENEMY TO BE AGAINST YOU:
- Paul tells us in Ephesians 6 that our struggle is not against "Flesh & Blood" but against "rulers, authorities, powers, and spiritual forces in the heavenly realms."
- In 1 Peter 5:8, Peter warns us that our enemy is like a "roaring lion" on the prowl for ways to "devour us."
- When you seek the Lord as you will be doing for these 21 days, scripture makes it clear that you should expect that the enemy will be working against you.
- Because you know the enemy is going to be against you it is vital that you clothe yourself in the Armor of God
- We recommend reading Ephesians 6:10-18 every morning during your fast.