Fasting is something you do while carrying on your everyday activities. Jesus depicts this in: Matthew 6:16-18 while Christians are going about their normal duties; 1 Samuel 14:24, soldiers are in the activity of warfare; and Acts 27:33, while sailors are on the ship with Paul. While in your daily activities, fasting becomes a constant prayer to the Lord. When experiencing hunger, you are reminded to quickly pray for the specific things about which you are fasting.
- You will be hungry. (Be aware that you may become frustrated with the people around you simply because of your hunger.)
- When you make a drastic change in what you eat, your body will respond in different ways. You can expect it to be difficult.
- You may experience headaches, but they usually disappear once your body gets used to the fast or you come off of the fast.
- You may experience sluggishness as the fast progresses.
- Be sure to consult a doctor before beginning a fast if you have any medical concerns.